At This Hair Salon, We Practice Due Diligence
In the world of business, the definition of Due Diligence means “a measure of responsibility that is reasonable and expected to evaluate risk or benefit.” At Studio 39, our promise is to give our full effort for a positive and enjoyable experience. The owner of Studio 39 Salon is a master stylist, but she is also a businesswoman. Part of our professional philosophy is to be as honest and transparent as possible. We provide information up front so there are no surprises later. We have procedures set in place for a reason and offer full disclosure on how and why we have them. We ask you to do your part by reading the available information. If you are aware of how we do things, we spend less business resource explaining it later. However, if you have any questions, just ask! When a new hair salon guest takes the time to read our policies in advance, it allows us to spend more of our time focusing on what’s important, YOU.
Hair Salon Payment Details
- We do not accept gratuity on credit cards. Gratuity envelopes are available at our front desk to give cash or check to your stylist or esthetician. For your convenience, there is an ATM located in our lobby. Banking fees may apply.
- If you are a new hair salon guest seeking specialty color services like blonde work or balayage, please call the salon at 816-756-1187 so we can gather some information to book your color consultation. You may also book a color consultation online with certain colorists.
- We have a no-show, no-call policy. Whether you are new or existing hair salon guest, failure to give 24-hour notification for cancellation of services booked will result in a cancellation fee of 50% of the total amount reserved. The amount may be applied to future payment, but only upon service completion. Though certain exceptions may apply, we ask for consideration of our time.
- We do not refund services. Rest assured our stylists are qualified before obtaining a stylist position. We provide all information about color process and costs here and prior to a new color service in the consultation so there should be no surprises on cost or expectation. If for some reason you are unhappy, we appreciate the opportunity to serve you and address any concerns.
- For new color guests, a consultation fee is $25.00. This amount is applied to your first color or cut visit. If no service is booked, the fee is non-refundable.
- For card payment, there is a convenience fee of 2.75% on transactions over $50 when using a credit or debit card.
Book Your Next Studio 39 Appointment Online
We want to make booking your next appointment at the hair salon simple and easy. It’s available 24/7 and takes the pain out of having to schedule over the phone. However, we do offer your choice of scheduling an appointment via phone or online. Some clients prefer calling and others prefer to make their appointments online. At Studio 39, we satisfy both types of clients. Your appointments are extremely important to us. We want to ensure your time is valued and the time that our hair stylists provide are valued as well. Our online booking tool is fast and convenient. Prior to booking with us online, please make sure you’ve read the online pre-authorization and terms of service listed above and below.
To book an appointment online we require a deposit of half the amount of the requested service. Your card is NOT charged until the time of service but you may see a hold of the deposit amount appear. This is a pre-authorization to ensure card information entered is valid. It is not deducted from your bank by us. This “hold” (of half of the service you’re requesting) is placed by our second party PCI federally compliant merchant processing service and is a requirement to book online. When you book online, we see your appointment on our booking software labeled “online booking”. When you check out at our front desk, we click the appointment to take payment.
Please note, if an online appointment is canceled you may see what appears to be two duplicate charges. One is the pre-authorization of your card and one is the deposit amount. These are not charging and will be released by the end of your bank’s business day which is usually within 24-48 hours from when you made the appointment online. If the appointment is canceled in less than 48 hours our cancellation policy states: the deposit is not refunded but may be applied to future salon services.
We do not issue refunds for hair salon services or deposits. When you reserve an appointment online, it is reserving a stylist’s time which is how he or she earns income and we value our employees time. If you’re unsure about what to book, whether you can make the appointment or are a new hair salon guest, please notify the desk or book a consultation prior to color or chemical services.