We Practice Due Diligence
In the world of business, the definition of Due Diligence means “a measure of responsibility that is reasonable and expected to evaluate risk or benefit.” Our promise is to give full effort for a positive and enjoyable experience. Studio 39 Salon owner is a master stylist, but also a business woman. Part of our professional philosophy is to give transparency. We provide information up front so there are no surprises later. We offer full disclosure on how and why we do things. We ask you to do your part by reading the available information. If you are aware of how we do things, we spend less business resource explaining it later. However, if you have any questions, just ask! When a new salon guest takes the time to read our policies in advance, it allows us to spend our time focusing on what’s important, YOU.
SALON FAQ Page
This is our policy page, but we ask that you please read our SALON FAQ page for more payment detail. There you will find detailed information on service deposits, booking process, and payment information.
Salon Payment Details
- We do not accept gratuity on credit cards. Gratuity envelopes are available at our front desk to give cash or check to your stylist or esthetician. For your convenience, there is an ATM located in our lobby. Banking fees may apply.
- If you are a new salon guest seeking specialty color services like blonde work or balayage, please call the salon at 816-756-1187 so we may gather some information to book your color consultation. You may also book a color consultation online with certain colorists.
- We have a no show- no call policy. Whether you are new or existing salon guest, failure to give 24 hour notification for cancellation of services booked will result in a cancellation fee of 50% of total amount reserved. The amount may be applied to future payment upon next service completion. Though certain exceptions may apply, we ask for consideration of our time.
- We do not refund services. Rest assured our stylists are qualified before obtaining a stylist position and we provide all information about color process and costs here and prior to a new color service in the consultation. We feel good communication is key so there are no surprises on cost or expectation. If for some reason you are unhappy, we want you to contact us immediately. We can address your concerns through a service adjustment within two weeks of service and we we always appreciate the opportunity to please you.
- For Downtown Salon new color guests a consultation fee is $25.00. This amount is applied to your first color or cut visit. If no service is booked, fee is non refundable.
- For Lee’s Summit Salon new color guests: at this time we are offering complimentary 15 minute color consultations
- For card payment there is a convenience fee of 2.75% on transactions over $50 when using a credit or debit card. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Online Booking Details
At this time we book online for our Downtown location only. To book an appointment online we require a deposit of half the amount of the requested service. Your card is NOT charged until the time of service but may see a hold of the deposit amount appear. This is to ensure card information entered is valid and is not deducted from your bank by us. This “hold” (of half of the service you’re requesting) is placed by our second party PCI federally compliant merchant processing service so we know a payment source is available before the appointment. When you book online we see your appointment on our booking software labeled “online booking”. When we check out a salon visitor at our front desk we click your appointment you made online to take payment. Please note, if an online appointment is canceled you may see what appears to be two duplicate charges. One is the preauthorization of your card and one is the deposit amount. These are not charges and will be released by the end of your bank’s business day which is usually within 24-48 hours from when you made the appointment online. If the appointment is canceled in less than 48 hours our cancellation policy states: the deposit is not refunded but may be applied to future salon services. We do not issue refunds for salon services or deposits. When you reserve an appointment online it is reserving a stylists time which is how he or she earns income and we value our time. If you’re unsure about what to book, whether you can make the appointment or are a new salon guest, please notify the desk or book a consultation prior to color or chemical services.
We understand life happens. Out of respect to our stylists, please read our cancellation policy. If you need to cancel or reschedule, we ask for a 24-hour notice. If you are new to our salon, a deposit of half the amount of the services booked is required for your reservation. We confirm ALL appointments by phone or email. Please check your email or voicemail to the phone number you provide to our front desk. If you no-show, cancel or reschedule within 24 hours of your appointment, a deposit is charged. If you wish to reschedule, your deposit will be credited towards payment on your next appointment as long as you confirm and complete said appointment.
Children at The Salon
We strive to provide a relaxing environment for our guests. We do not perform services on children under 8 years of age. Children over 8 are welcome with close supervision. Unless your child has an appointment, we ask that you do not bring them during yours.
Product Return Policy
We stand behind our products. Sometimes product recommendations take some trial and error. You should know fairly soon whether a product is for you or not. If you are unhappy with a skincare or hair care product, let us know. As long as the product is mostly unused, you may bring the remaining portion back within 30 days. We will exchange or offer a salon product credit. We will not issue refunds on used products.
If it is your first time to the salon for a cut or color, and you want a specific look, please bring photos or pictures of what you want. We appreciate that you may think this is insulting to us as stylists, but it is not in the least bit! In fact, it helps us determine if the red you want is the red we would choose for your skin tone. We realize that sometimes things just don’t turn out how you expect. If you want your cut shorter, more layered, more wispy, etcetera.. please call within a week to have it adjusted. We understand! If the initial stylist who did the service is unable to get you in, another will. With color, please let us know as soon as possible. We always recommend waiting one week or two shampoos at home before calling us to tell us you want the color adjusted. If you feel as though you cannot wait that long, we will happily adjust the color one time at no charge. Beyond that, full color and service charges apply.
Hair Extension Policies
We often have clients with hair extensions from other salons come to us for help. Our extension hourly rate is $125 an hour. If there are problems with the work done elsewhere, it is considered extension correction work. We will try to make the extensions you purchased elsewhere work for you. When you need to purchase new extensions, we require extension clientele to purchase from us. We know and trust our extension suppliers. We do not feel comfortable working hair brands we are unfamiliar with, especially lines that are not salon exclusive. We will never install extensions purchased by an individual from public hair stores. Please do not ask! The quality of the hair is often much lower, and not 100% human hair. We do not want blame for issues that we know arise from hair of poor. We only use extensions from the companies we are salon-certified with, and suppliers we have a long standing relationship with . A full set of extensions start at $600. Only certain stylists perform extension services. Quotes are not given over the phone by reception. Please read this page, FAQ page, and hair extension page so that you are informed of our extension policies. An stylist may call you for more information prior to a consult. Hair extensions are an involved service. Good communication is necessary because sometimes there details for ordering we may need to call you about because each extension order is customized for you. Sometimes our hair suppliers may not have certain colors in stock, and we order hair after the consultation. We may need to reach you to discuss any changes. Be prepared for some level of communication, sometimes there are circumstances beyond our control. Once we order hair extensions, we cannot return them. If you choose to cancel an extension install after you have had a consultation and have paid a deposit on the hair, please know that both the $50 consultation fee and hair deposit are non-refundable.
Ready to get started?